Futago

nav·i·gate - v. nav·i·gat·ed, nav·i·gat·ing, nav·i·gates v. tr. a. To make one's way

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Ol' Faithful


So, I get about 4 ounces of formula down Finn this morning.

He looks up at me, gazing contentedly, and I congratulate myself on a successful feeding. All seems well with the universe.

This momentary bliss is interrupted by an ungodly stream of the aforementioned formula returning back to me in a streaming fountain right out of his mouth. I don't mean a little bit of upchuck, but the mothership of all upchuck. It should be made into a noun and capitalized to The Upchuck.

I stare down at the mess as it spreads across my chest, my legs, the sofa.

I then look at Finn. He stares back like "What's the big deal?"

This has been going on for a couple of weeks ago, and the worst part is that when it happens, it only happens when I feed him. Guh-reat.

So, we see the doctor today for the boys' scheduled check-up. He asks "Does it happen every feeding?"

"No, only when I feed him", I reply somewhat sheepishly.

"Well then, you're gonna have to feed him slower."

I have to admit, I'm relieved. At least it's not something wrong with him. Both boys weigh over 10 pounds already and are growing well. This Exorcist-like vomiting has been disconerting to say the least.

Sorry Finn, I'm learning as we go pal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home