Futago

nav·i·gate - v. nav·i·gat·ed, nav·i·gat·ing, nav·i·gates v. tr. a. To make one's way

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Mobility

The boys are crawling now. Finn started on Christmas day. Lachlan followed a week later.

It was interesting to see how it happened. I could tell that they were getting ready to do this next step in life for some time. They would sit up on their hands and knees, rock back and forth, and occasionally move backwards. Seemingly though, moving into 1st gear eluded them for a while.

But once they got it, wow, within days they made up for lost time.

Sometimes we will put both boys at the end of the hall and race them. I think this is the kind of thing parents do to amuse themselves. Over the course of a few races the boys now have their own racenames.

Finn - "The Bullet"
Lachlan - "The Saunterer"

Do these names reflect future personality types? I don't know. I just wanted to give them cool sounding nicknames.

I love watching them crawl around. I'm told this is a very important skill for children to acquire and shows "development", and while this is a good thing in itself, I just like seeing their little butts wag back and forth as they move across the floor. It keeps me on my toes though. With their new-found mobility they are all over the place. I'm constantly picking them up, moving them away from steps, bookcases, etc.

I repeat this sequence, like, a thousand times a day. I think I'm losing weight.

There is a scene from the film "Raising Arizona" where there are multiple children crawling around the floor in a great frenzy, much to the consternation of the main character who is trying to herd them into one group.

This is my life. I am H.I. McDunnough.

1 Comments:

At 2:00 AM, Blogger j. ethan duran said...

i think you should make them little costumes to go with their nicknames.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home