Futago

nav·i·gate - v. nav·i·gat·ed, nav·i·gat·ing, nav·i·gates v. tr. a. To make one's way

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Character(s)....


There are certain moments that come to pass when I feel my heart is too full.
.
I watch my sons grow. I now have little boys in front of me that have replaced the babies that were once there.
.
We have little conversations these days. Their ability to develop language astounds me. Because our daycare lady only speaks to them in Spanish they are learning two languages at once. It's quite something.
.
On a sidenote, the other day one of the boys let loose a....uh.....a bit of flatulence. I laughed a bit and he looked at me with a deadpan stare and said: "Pedo". Pedo? What the heck is that? I've notice they say it often when they burp one out from the behind, so I figured it must be Spanish. I asked our caregiver about it, and sure enough, it means exactly what I thought it did. My little blonde, blue eyed boys say "fart" in Spanish.
.
ANYWAY, right now is the most engaging time we've ever had with them. They speak to us, they ask us questions, they pet the dog and call him by his name, they're learning to swim, they sit on park benches and drink their juice.
.
It's unbelievably fun and sometimes, my heart really does feel too full.

2 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger j. ethan duran said...

pedo—that's my new favorite word.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Pevil said...

You are a great dad too you know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home