Futago

nav·i·gate - v. nav·i·gat·ed, nav·i·gat·ing, nav·i·gates v. tr. a. To make one's way

Friday, October 24, 2008

Because I said so

On October 23rd, 2008 I spoke those very words.

One of the boys was messing about and getting up to some kind of tomfoolery. I told him to "Stop doing that!".

He looked at me and simply said "Why?".

It was at that moment that the great wheel of parental karma turned a full notch and landed squarely on my shoulders. I uttered this most infamous of phrases so often used by beleaguered parents when their offspring are indulging in nonsensical shenanigans.

It was towards the end of the day, I was tired, and well, ...... I just couldn't help it. Those four words just fell out of my mouth.

So, for this reason, I give myself over to the fact that silly parental logic is simply a shared universal trait that spans all time and generations. We can hide, but it will find us.

I still ain't gonna walk around the house in my underwear though. I always hated when my Dad did that.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger j. ethan duran said...

personally, i like that answer. good thinking about the no underwear thing. no one wants to see you in your skivvies.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Pevil said...

I hated it when my dad walked around in his underwear. AND he did it when I had friends over. Wise choice, don't do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home