Futago

nav·i·gate - v. nav·i·gat·ed, nav·i·gat·ing, nav·i·gates v. tr. a. To make one's way

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

America

I woke up this morning to a different country.

A country that spoke its voice, made a decision, and changed history for everyone. The world feels different right now. Indeed, a feeling of hope now exists where there was once only confusion, frustration, and a kind of darkness. The 44th President that is Barack Obama symbolizes many things. It's about more than just one man, but he does carry all of our expectations, and some incredible responsibility sits squarely on his shoulders.

Who is to say how this story will unfold. Perhaps the status quo of politics will mire the message that inspired so many people as his term carries on, but suffice to say, our country changed overnight. A change that I am overjoyed to raise my sons within. They are too little right now to understand what has happened, but years from now, I can point to this day and say that they were alive when their country decided on a different course to follow.

The words aren't coming out right now as well as I'd like them. It's all a bit overwhelming.

So, essentially what I want to say is that for the first time, in a long time, I am proud of America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home