Futago

nav·i·gate - v. nav·i·gat·ed, nav·i·gat·ing, nav·i·gates v. tr. a. To make one's way

Friday, March 02, 2007

Quaking...

BA-BOOOOM!!!

I leapt off the sofa and stood there completely caught off guard and wondered what the hell just happened.

It felt like someone had picked the house up and inch or two and just dropped it.

This is not something you want to experience while lounging around and watching TV at 8:30 on a Thursday evening. The dog fuh-reaked out. Seriously, every single hair was up on his back and he was barking like mad.

BAAAA-BOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

The second quake that hit was stronger. By this point I was running to the boys room. I don't know why, it just seemed like something I should be doing.

As I was running, I briefly glimpsed out the back window into my yard. All of the water in the swimming pool was sloshing around. All 25,000 gallons of it. That was the spookiest part.

And then.......nothing. That was it. In a matter of 10 seconds the house had rocked twice and then everything was quiet again. Except for the dog.

The boys didn't wake up at all through it. After pacing around a bit and checking to see if there were any cracks in the pool walls, I sort of resigned myself to the "California-ness" of it all and settled back into the sofa and carried on watching TV.

I think that's the weirdest part.

Anyway, hang in there California. I don't want you sliding into the Pacific just yet.

1 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, Blogger j. ethan duran said...

DAMN!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home